The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

My random life

I really love spring... the weather is pleasant, not too hot, not too cold. Sunny shiny days with flowers budding, people begin to come out of their houses, and they have smiles on their faces. It's just a nice time of bright days and cheerful people.

Today, inspired by the sunshine, I decided to take Cali (my car) to get her oil change and check-up. Nervous like a new mother, I entrusted her to the technicians at Midas, and proceeded to wander around in the area near the shop, inspired by hunger. I spotted a sushi joint, but of course it was only open for dinner, so I wandered about 10 minutes away to Boston Market, a favorite of mine. I sat there by myself with reading for school and a local paper, and passed some time between phone calls from family and friends. Eventually, I figured i should head back to the shop to check on Cali... I get to thinking about how I don't feel like walking back, but something tells me not to stress it, so I get my stuff and head back, and a car passes me, stops, throws it in reverse and backs up to me. "You need a ride somewhere?" :) Just as I thought, I was going to get out of this walking after all. This guy was a student at UNC (he showed me his school ID) and I glanced into the car to see a work name tag of someone who work for the Durham Police Department. So, I feel assured enough to get in the car. I mean, he was literally only taking me a minute down the street. Yup. That's right, I got in some random man's car. Sadly, its not the first time I've done this. I don't know what gets into me sometimes, but things like this seem typical in my life. It's not like i looked nice... I was wearing an old t-shirt, jeans, flip flops, and a sweatshirt tied around my waist. My hair was in a bun, and fuzzy around the edges. Shoot, I didn't even wash my face his morning.... lol. Anyway, he took me to Midas and chatted for awhile as I waited for my car. (And yes, Cali got a clean bill of health, thank you for your concern.) It was a pleasant diversion, and I am thankful for good samaritans everywhere. So, if you are reading this, and you see me in the streets, offer me a ride. I'm just dumb enough to actually get in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcena said...

So you've been enjoying nice sunny weather while out here in the Northwest it's been raining. And today there was rain and ICE! What happened to Spring?! I was so irritated when I saw ice chunks falling from the sky.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home