The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Why do they put crack in my food???

I realize now that I have an addictive personality. Maybe I mean to say addicted... hmm... anyway. I had a study group over last night working on a stats project, and I was suddenly overwhelmed by and urge to have Cold Stone's ice cream. So here I am, obsessing about this ice cream and watching the minutes tick away on the clock... when my group finally leaves, it is 10:30, and I am racing against the hands of time as I dash to my car to try to make it to the creamery before it closed. Alas, it had closed at 10, and I had no ice cream. Not to be outdone, I decided to get one of my other favorite things... a bag of ghiradelli chocolate squares, the kind with caramelized almonds. (I swear, it tastes like love in your mouth)... so I headed to my local CVS. I arrive, and smile as I see all of the easter candies and goodies on display, and start to look for some jellybeans for the house. And then I see it. TROPICAL Starburst Jellybeans. You cannot find these things ANYWHERE. I have only found them twice... once before I left for college (almost 5 yrs ago) and once in Las Vegas when I was a junior in college. So I did what any normal person would do... I bought 5 bags. Yes, five. This was at 11pm last night. What you don't realize is that I've almost finished my first bag. That's right, in the past 12 hours, I have consumed nearly a pound of sugar. At present, there is so much sugar surging through my system that my fingers are flying over the keyboard at such lightening speed, I am certain that they will fly off from my body. And I would probably think that was funny. Did I mention that I brought the bag of jellybeans to class, so that I could finish them before I got back home to MORE jellybeans? Oh yeah, and that ghiradelli? I put some of that in my pocket before I left the house. (leave no chocolate behind, is what I say).



This may all sound sick to you, but I am addicted to food, and the foods that I love, I devour! Then, when they are gone, I poke around at other things. The other day, I ordered myself a garlic chicken, spinach, pesto and tomato pizza. I ate the whole thing by myself, but did I stop there? No. I also ordered a snickers cheesecake pie. What's bad about this is... I don't even LIKE cheesecake... but I LOVE snickers. I ate all of that too. It's sad, but I can't help myself. Anyway, I have to go... class starts in a few, and I'd like to finish off these jellybeans...

3 Comments:

Blogger Reeta said...

I feel your pain pankey rang ;0). Brianna and I used to get mistaken for each other ALL THE TIME! Now the only reason they don't mistake me for other people is because I'm the ONLY one! Le sigh...

9:58 PM  
Blogger Marcena said...

Believe the hype!!!! Those are the BEST jelly beans I have eaten in my life!!!!!

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i need to try some of those jelly beans! And yes, I think that you might have an addiction...

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home