The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Hell on earth

Yesterday, I was in Richmond to visit my mother and grandmother. If hell exists, I am pretty sure that it looks like Richmond. This is the most depressed and impoverished city I have ever seen, and I have travelled all over the country. I used to live across the street from drug dealers, and that still didn't hold a candle to South Richmond. Man, I would rather live in Cabrini Green than south Richmond. Its that bad.

NEwho, my beau and I visited my grandmother, and went shopping with her and my mom who was visiting from Kansas. We chatted, and went to the fish market to pick up some east coast fish, like spot, butter fish, croakers and trout... which my mom was going to take back to Kansas with her, for my dad. We then went to visit one of my grandmother's friends in the nursing home and talked to her for a short while. We ran back to my grandmother's to drop off our purchases, and quickly eat some jumbo shrimp. Then we headed off to my brother's godmother's house, which my beau assured me looked like something off of MTV Cribs. We sat around there, with wine and perrier and finger food, before heading to the Tobacco Walk (called the slip) where there are cobblestone streets and lots of cute (and EXPENSIVE) restuarants. We found one that was reasonable and got food for take out and headed home in time to watch U Conn lose their game. We left Richmond between 9:30 and 10, and sadly missed the double overtime Wake/W. Va game. Oh well. Home again, home again. It really helps to put things in perspective... Chapel Hill really isn't THAT bad...

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcena said...

I have watched maybe 2 games (well half of two games) during this March Madness hoop-la, and one happened to be the West VA/ Wake Forest Game...I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!!! It was so intense! At least during the double overtime :)

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home