The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

I have some confessions...

I am not proud, but I must confess a few things...

First. I don't like red wine. Well, I guess, more firstly I should say that I don't understand it. When I pick up a bottle to read: This wine has a long, forward nose, a full body, and a hint of pepper, I have no idea what this means. All the wines taste like all the other wines, except for the ones which are smoky (Cabernet in my experience), which I think is simply repulsive. disgusting. Anyway, red wine is consumed at room temperature. Is this to show that you are so cool that you don't need a refrigerator to get drunk? I don't get it. But, at any rate, it does not taste that good, and I don't prefer it. So there. Actually, I am so uncultured, that I like sweet wines, ie, 4+% residual sugar. So, work that out. Sweet and white. Well, I did buy a red, but that's only because it said that it tasted of berries and chocolate. We will see.

Next. I made a chicken. Well, I roasted it in my Forman rotisserie. (this is a BRILLIANT machine, everyone should own one) I seasoned and prepared this chicken, to eat throughout the week, then I made myself a salad with diced chicken breast. Despite not being hungry, as soon as the chicken was done, I removed it from the rotisserie and started pulling off pieces of skin... a little more, a little more... well, maybe just a wing. So I ate one. Then the other looked good, so I ate that. i flipped the chicken over to assess the other side... boy that leg looks good. I prodded it a few times, then what do you know, it was in my hand... then in my mouth, then, in my stomach. I nearly ate half of the chicken, to my own dismay and disgust. Sigh.

These are my confessions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcena said...

Don't feel bad. Do you remember Miranda on Sex and the City? She made this homemade chocolate cake. Then she started eating piece by piece...then small slithers. Then she realized that she almost ate the whole thing, so she threw it in the trash. Unfortunately she took one more bite from the trash and called Carrie for an intervention. So think of it this way...chicken is healthier than cake...no carbs!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home