The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

BACK UP OFF!!!

This post is for all you bloggers out there who feel like your life sometimes just doesn't live up to your blog. We know that you, the world, tune into our blogs for amusement. Sometimes we will have a good run of exciting events that make our blogs rival the best page turning novel... then there are other times, when out lives are, well, boring. Not even shitty, because a shitty life makes for a funny blog. Sometimes, your life if just immemorable and not worth documenting, and during these times, I am tired of feeling the pressure of, "OH MY GOD!!! My blog!!!"

i know I am not the only one who feels this way... here are excerpts from other bloggers who share this common angst:

"I know it has been a while, but lately life has been REALLY boring. No really...the most important thing I did this weekend was laundry."

"Not much excitement has happened lately, so I'll keep you posted."

"It’s been a while but I haven’t forgotten about the blog. "

"so, for the second time in my life, my sister has offended me by telling me that I am boring. Ouch. She says that no one reading my BLOG wants to hear about my "drunken escapades" of the previous weekend. OUch ouCH. Well, i would like to say that this is MY Boring Life Of a Geek, and i never said it was going to be intresting! As a matter of fact, i added a disclaimer to one of my entries, warning about the boringness of my boring life of a geek. so, if you think i'm boring, STOP READING!"

These guilt-ridden words are all from different blogs, with people feeling the excessive pressure of "blog-expectation". It's like, you have a good post, and people read it, enjoy it, give you your propers. Next thing you know, you are mass producing blogs like DMX used to put out CDs!!! Finally, the strain of this takes its toll, and you get burned out by your inability to constantly live up to yourself!!! Well, maybe its not THAT stressful, but cut us some slack. Everyday is not interesting, every post is not inspired by genius. When something good happens, we will let you know. Promise.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcena said...

LOL...thanks for keeping me laughing

1:21 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

WOW...It's like Dave Barry but not.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home