The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

No habla...spanglish?

So, as part of my summer gig, I have to call youth across the country and schedule interviews. Aside from catching people when they are home, this is not an exceedingly difficult task... Except for this one house, that I call, and the mother (or who ever it is that answers the phone) doesn't speak English. Now, I've called this lady a dozen times, and she always pretends like she doesn't know what I am talking about when I say her daughter's name. So, today, I decided I would try to use a little spanish, and maybe I could get somewhere. Ok, so spanish quickly turned to Spanglish, as I nervously rambled off an explanation of who I was, and why I was calling. Apparently she was quite amused by this, which I could tell by her muffled laughter. She was pretty damn pleased with herself as she got off the phone, laughing audibly, but she did tell me that her daughter was at work, and what time I should call back.

Points for useful information: 5
Points lost due to assault on ego: 75
Net points: -70

Verdict: Spanish mommy wins (this round...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Reeta said...

Como se llama yo mama? Hasta la adios! =0)

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home