The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Friday, August 12, 2005

more realizations...

1. I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful boyfriend.
2. You will never make friends again like the ones you make in college.
3. When people get off of airplanes, their toes look like little smokies.
4. Los Angeles has traffic at all times, for no reason. However, the traffic moves. D.C. traffic is around rush hour, and goes nowhere.
5. It is a shame to live in CA and not to explore the state. Santa Barbara and San Diego are exquisite. Everyone should walk across the Golden Gate bridge, and take an evening cruise under it, and past Alcatraz. Everyone should see the Redwoods, and Giant Sequoia trees, and sea lions lounging on CA beaches. CA should be explored from beach to mountain. And when you are in LA, you should explore the ethnic enclaves, and the musuems, from the Armand Hammer and Getty, to LACMA and the Gene Autry musuem. And whale watching. Everyone should go whale watching.
6. When my dad went to Medical School in the 1970's, there were 9 black doctors in his class. My friend Lucy has enrolled in Medical School at USC's Keck School of Medicine. There are 6 black students in her class. I don't know what the question is, but the answer is NOT affirmative action.
7. I am amazed at my ability to be repeatedly stood up in short periods of time, and still maintain my sanity.
8. In CA, you can buy a large assortment of wine for $5 or less. If I lived there, I would be an alcoholic :)
9. Trader Joe's French Truffles are a must for everyone's cupboards. It's like heaven in your mouth.
10. I have more school spirit as an alum than I ever did as an undergrad. Go Trojans!
11. When someone tries to recruit you to join a gym, but they do so at Fatburger over a Triple thick chocolate milkshake, you are entitled to be confused.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sibongile (su-bon-ji-lay) said...

Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate Lacey's are also very delightful.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home