The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Conversion

There is nothing like championship-style excitement to turn the heart of non-Tar Heel fan like myself into, well, a Tar Heel advocate. I actually brokedown and bought some 'nalia. Mind you, my dad bought me a UNC hat and shirt when I moved down here (love ya pops!), and I promptly returned them to the store. Something about baby blue, I just couldn't get behind it. Now, don't get me wrong, I would still rather see USC or Maryland battling it out for the title, but let's be honest... that's not going to happen. And I did live in Kansas for 4 years, KU country, under the supreme guidance and wisdom of phenom coach Roy Williams, and I must say, Roy, old boy, I want you to get your championship title. Having gotten to 2 championship games with the Jayhawks, I think that now, back at your alma mater, after saving an abysmal program, the time is right. So, I throw my, at times fickle, support behind the Tar Heels, because, by golly, I want it for Roy. I will also say that I have supreme respect for the Illini and their program, and Coach Weber's hardships this year... after all this is only his second year at Illinois. (I would also like to take a moment to point out the big loser in all of this, KU Coach, Bill Self, who left the Illini to coach Kansas, who got knocked out in the first round. Not only did you leave a winning program, but your team did worse than ever... and we all know that everyone at KU really just wants Roy back) Anyway, it should be a supreme matchup, and after watching the UNC fans mob the streets, starting random bonfires and drinking and partying as if they had already won a championship, I do feel something akin to pleasure, knowing that I go here now. It will be a battle, perhaps to rectify the battle that was clearly missing in this seasons Football championship game, where USC trounced Oklahoma... So, come Monday night, I too will be out there, on Franklin Street, in a sea of blue. I might even wear some. Go Heels! God bless March Madness like nothing else!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcena said...

I think you are apprehensive about wearing baby blue because of UCLA. Don’t worry…we Trojans understand.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Good one Marce (doesn't sound as good as Luce). YOU'RE A TRAITOR LEX, YOU ALWAYS WERE! j/k

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home