The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

All that sweet Wining and Dining...

I dedicate this post to Wine, a curious beverage that is closely associated with highbrow taste, and other esoterica*...

Okay, I have, within the last year, decided to acquire a taste for wine. Interesting, because I remember growing up, and smelling wine on the breath of various family members, and thinking that it was the grossest thing ever. I think I actually tasted it once or twice, and that basically confirmed my prior assumption, lol. Well, people grow up, and things change... I think after you try enough different types of alcohol, they all sorta taste similiar, or at least less bad... so, to make a long story short, I drink wines now. I recall previously posting about my distaste for red wines, so admittedly I have not "fully developed" my wine taste, but I think I was deeply scared by an experience wine tasting where I was given some VERY smoky Cabernets, and that basically scared me away from those. Then, I tried a Shiraz (alternately called a Syrah) that was supposed to have a taste of chocolate (I LOVE CHOCOLATE) which also turned out to be a lie... ew. So, whereas I haven't tried a Merlot yet, or a Pinot Noir... I'm good for a while.

So, on to the wines I like... I tried a very nice wine, ironically a Chardonnay by the Two Tone farms. (ironic for those who catch the irony) After drinking this wine, you were left with the taste of nutmeg, almost like sweet potato pie... which is heavenly. Sadly for me, this wine is a bit pricey. At the behest of my beau, I have had a number of sweet and dessert wines. Fruit wines of this sort are particularly good, such as peach, strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, etc. Flavored Sparkling wines are also fun for occasions. If you are new to wine, a sweeter wine would be a Reisling, or a Gewurtztraminer that says it is sweet. Also, White Zinfandels are sweeter than your typical white. My preference tends to be Chardonnays however... I've also tried Savingnon Blanc, and a Pinot Grigio... they weren't bad... I prefer the Grigio.

Anyway, I don't know what happens when you ferment a grape, but man, there is nothing like a glass of wine to make you feel sexy. I think that's why adult drink the stuff... adult like to feel sexy... young people like to feel drunk, old folks like myself like to feel dreamily sexy. So bring on the wine... ambrosia, sangria, what have you... as Rick James said, "It's a celebration, enjoy yo'self!"

*Main Entry: es·o·ter·ic Pronunciation: "e-s&-'ter-ik, -'te-rikFunction: adjective 1 a : designed for or understood by the specially initiated alone b : requiring or exhibiting knowledge that is restricted to a small group broadly : difficult to understand 2 a : limited to a small circle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home