The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Friday, April 15, 2005

WRAP IT UP!!!

You know, I was really blown the other day after reading an article about a woman who was HIV positive... she had an uncle that had died of the disease when she was 11, and knew all about condoms and safe sexual practices. She said that she had initially used condoms, then tired of them, opting to use birth control pills and no protection. Even after a scare with a cheating boyfriend that left her with an STD, she still did not change he sexual practices... now she is living with HIV.

I am surprised that the author, after having such an experience in her family, could be so cavaliar about her sexual health and well being, but I was even more shocked when I told the story to a friend, and she began justifying that some people you just "know" are clean, and that she only insisted that certain people use condoms, but but not others. "It's not like I'm sleeping with crackheads!" she exclaimed... OH!!! well, the clears it all up, since only crackheads have STDs and HIV/AIDS. Actually, by age 24, 1 of every 3 people has an STD. That's right. Look to your left, and look to your right... really scrutinize the people next to you, because if it's not you, its one of them. Perhaps a trip to the clinic is in order... juuuuust in case...

THIS IS THE YEAR 2005 GUYS!!! Unless you are in a monogamous relationship where you have agreed not to use a condom, and you've both been tested, WEAR ONE EVERYTIME!!! My friend tried to tell me that I was just conservative, and a prude, but that has nothing to do with protecting your health. That's just common sense. So, for all of you out there, sex on, but WRAP IT UP!!!
--> http://www.itsyoursexlife.com/

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

I couldn't agree more. Since when is it conservative or prudish to take your sexual well-being into your own hands? If people would just insist on getting their sex partners tested we could start getting a handle on this plague. My girl and I got tested for everything before getting into bed together, and now we have all the sex we want without ever having to worry about catching anything. People just don't realize how simple it can be.

Anyway, good blog. See ya around.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home