The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Love of my life


I'd like to introduce you to the love of my life... I realize that it is unfair of me to keep him all to myself, so, for the first time, I will share him with you all. (sorry, he's mine!)

Hunter, (aka Jasiri Turoka Lionhunter) is 11 years old. He was born July 18, 1995 in Maryland, and has been with the Pankey family since November 19, 1995.

Hunter is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Ridgebacks are known as African Lion hunting dogs, but don't let that scare you. Ridgebacks are very docile, loyal and laidback dogs. The are perfect house dogs, in that they LOVE to sunbathe and lounge around the house, but once you open the door, you had better start running! Ridgebacks are sighthounds and will chase after almost anything that moves. They love to stretch their legs and go bounding across open fields. Ridgebacks are clever dogs and will take advantage of an owner that does not instill discipline at a young age. Weighing 70-90 lbs on average, you DO NOT want an out of control Ridgeback on your hands... The only thing more loyal than a Ridgeback is a Ridgeback lover... once you have had one, I don't know how you could ever want to own another breed.

So there it is folks... my lovie, Hunter, in all of his wonderful spendidness... and a little about Ridgebacks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meandmymutt said...

There's only one thing better than a Ridgeback ,and that is many more Ridgebacks. I have one, often walk two or four, and have had nineteen out with my friends. The most we got together was 63. Absolute bliss.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home