The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

So much wow...

It started out as a beautiful day... I slept in, went to class, my classmates passed around free candy... after class I walked and talked with some classmates about how dumb undergrads can be, and about thongs... you know, typical grad student banter. It's 70 degrees, slightly overcast with the sun making the occasional cameo. Things are looking up. I get home and start downloading music, checking my email and start settling down into my normal routine when someone IMs me. The SN pops up and quickly registers as unfamiliar...
"May I ask who's speaking"
Response: no, don't ask.
Okay... then, said person starts asking me where I live... um, if I don't know you, it doesn't really make me want to disclose certain information. Included in this list of things is my address, phone number, and shoe size. Everything else is fair game, like my social or something that anyone can get... sheesh.
So, this person identifies themself as someone who saw me on facebook, at which point I cringe. (an aside: I really dislike facebook, because I am registered under UNC, and can't figure out how to register for USC...) So, this is approximately random negro number 756... great. So, he goes into the typical, "uz a lil cutie" ie, "I'm tryna holla", which inevitably turns to, " why u soo difficult girl ", which morphs into "uz a preppy ass chick, u needs a nigga from a public skool to show ya lil self how to chill" and "u just nervous you might have fun wit tha nigga from public skool" Man, this guy really pulled my card. That was EXACTLY my fear. That I was going to have fun with the nigga from PS162... (imagine me rolling my eyes here)

Now, some of you are wondering, so why were you entertaining this man's conversation. Allow me to explain a few things. First, that I am a graduate student, therefore having no life, and little to do execpt read, eat, sleep, bath and watch tv. Distractions, even annoying ones, are generally welcome. Second, I am a sociologist. Weird phenomena like guys spitting whack game are interesting to me from a social standpoint. Really. Thirdly, he was an undergrad at UNC, so I thought that I could turn the conversation from a hollerin' session to an informative discussion about the social clime at UNC Chapel Hill. I realize now that I was over ambitious. I carefully explained that I was an old head, and had graduated from 'SC, that I had a man, and was happy. He however was (and presumably still is) a football player, meaning that he is more cocky than God, in addition to being slow on the uptake. So, I tried to ask what went on socially at UNC, and how the undergrad experience was, since my sister wants to go here.

Response:
Him: we chill
Him: dont try n play us
Him: u here
Him: so shut up
Him: dont hate
Him: we ridas here in tha hill
Him: dont hate u went to a lame skool

Okay, wow... I'm not sure that clarified much for me, but thanks for playing... let's try again...

LexisReid: no need to get all defensive. I haven't said anything negative about your school
Him: i know
Him: but u tryin to play us
Him: like we sum wackies n stuff
Him: lol
Him: hellz nah
LexisReid: i just said that i didn't know what was going on, and all you have told me is that you all chill, and you are ridahs
Him: if anything
Him: this my skool
LexisReid: i know, i was hoping that you would make a case for it
Him: i dont have to

Boy, this is like taking to an empty football helmet... OH WAIT! yeah... and you know he had the nerve to try to tell me about how UNC played in a bowl game, and ask me what I knew about football? Um, I'm from USC baby, don't sleep and don't trip. I probably know more about football from WATCHING USC play than your whole squad, so don't even try that. Let's be honest here, East Coast football is WHACK. Holler at me when you learn to dribble...

But of course, I am nice an keep all of this in my head. I mean, come on... that's what blogs are for, right? :)

So, we end cordially with him inviting me to come chill with him. I politely declined, signed off, and BLOCKED his ASS. All in a days work. Watch him be one of the 350 students in my class... that would be my luck, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home