The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Election day

I voted today. I have voted in every election since I turned 18. I am 23 now... This makes me proud. I take my right to vote very seriously. I hope you do too.

I voted in 2000 when Bush lost to Gore.
I voted in 2002, and elected Governor Davis of CA
I voted again in 2003 to keep Davis in office, and Arnold Schwartzaneggar out. ( I resent the fact that people that were too lazy to vote the first time were able to undue the efforts of those of us who were not too apathetic to vote...) I voted against proposition 54, and Ward Connerly.
I voted in 2004 when Bush, Diebold et al counterfeited another election, disenfranchised more voters, and tried to undermine the integrity of exit polls and democracy. I lost a lot of faith in this country that day. It has not been restored.
I voted today, and I will vote next time as well. Be heard. Be counted. Vote.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reeta said...

I voted too!

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home