The world... according to ME

I already know that the world doesn't make sense... I just try to document it.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Today, as in any other...

So, I was talking to my mom last night, and let me say that my mom is a very funny woman. I called her to say happy Valentine's day, and after chewing me out for not sending her a card like the ungrateful miscreant that I am, she proceeded to tell me about her day. My dad had sent her flowers last Friday, in anticipation of V-day coming, so she already had lovely flowers to show off to her jealous co-workers (and aside: Women love to show off that their man is better or more thoughtful than everyone elses... in which case I should mention that MY man sent me flowers not this past friday, but the Friday PRIOR, which therefore trumps everyone elses. I invite you to scowl with envy now, and to go complain to your boyfriends about how they don't love you. Go now.) Now, my parents have a dog, and don't get me wrong, I love my dog, but sometimes he thinks its fun to do shitty things like whiz all over the carpet. Apparently lately he has taken to leaping on the counters and having his way with whatever goodies are left on the counters and tables, which usually warrants a beat down. So, my mom's job is to rush home from work everyday and take the dog out before he starts getting wild fantasies of his days as a table dancer, but yesterday, she had a parent/teacher conference... so she's running late, which could have dire consequences for our carpets, trash cans and counterspace, but also for my mom, who as a true procrastinating woman (I knew I got it from somewhere) has not gotten my dad a Valentine's Day card. (remember guys, she already got flowers... ) So my mom rushes home to take care of the dog at the expense of getting my dad a card, but, being the innovative woman that she is, she rummages through some drawers, pulls out an old V-day card that she gave my dad some years ago, and presents it to him, un-enveloped, announcing "Happy Valentine's Day"! My dad see through this immediately and responds to the effect of WTF!?! Ahh, married life! Remind me again NOT to get married... ever.

Speaking of which, my sister's friend got married this weekend. Did I mention that my sister is 18 years old, and a freshman in college. Yeah, she went to her first "friend wedding" this weekend. That's the midwest for you... just marrying people off.

So my weekend consisted of running all over tarnation with my beau :) who was down for V-day weekend. We discovered that everything about NC is bootleg (which i think is more so just endemic to the south) and that all plans necessitate back up plans. The theme for the weekend seemed to be "Improvise, adapt and overcome", and its a good thing that we are both easy going, otherwise we would have both gone nuts. However, i emerged from the weekend with Godiva chocolates, Godiva liqueur (from HIS mom), wonderful aroma therapy bath stuff, as well as Pink, my fav perfume from Victoria's Secret. Man, I am getting spoiled... :)

I would also like to take a moment to give a shout out to my Terps, for trouncing Duke once again. I know you are all a bit confused, but I have been a Maryland fan since back in the day. All my love goes out to USC, but when they figure out how to hold a basketball, you let ME know... otherwise, I will see you Trojan fans at the 50 yard line when football season starts again. So, despite the fact that I now go to UNC and despite the fact that they are ranked no. 4, my b-ball allegience is as follows: MD, USC, KU, UNC, followed by any team playing against Duke, followed by any team with a Black coach (my mom taught me that one) At any rate, I can't WAIT for March Madness... its all about the ACC babies!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcena said...

I didn't go to my first friend wedding until I was 21!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home